onsdag 7. oktober 2009

Ye olde axe!

I continued my way up the forest path today, but found very little. It seems it's not as much things of interest in this upper part of the forest as I hoped for. I'm soon finished with the whole woods though, so after that I have a lot of interesting places to visit.

Anyway, as I was searching, I thought I found a coin. It had a strong signal, and did'nt seem deep in the ground at all. I was very wrong though, for I had to dig about 15cm (6"), and what I found was quite unexpected. An axe! I have no idea how old it is, but it doesn't seem that old, because the wood that is left looks relatively new, and isn't really any squishy. I'm guessing that the handle probaly broke, and that the person just left it there. Consindering the debth and how corroded it is, it might be maybe 80 years old (at least that's what I hope). If this is true, this axe might once have been used for something while there was still ice block activity here.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hurrah! It might be from the late 1000 AD!

    SvarSlett
  2. Well, I doubt it's that old.. The design on axes from then was very different. At least the one I've seen.

    SvarSlett